Unfortunately, the significance of gynecology is not understood by all women. For some, visiting a specialist is rather a taboo. Irrespective of the doubts that they have in their minds, they might refuse to visit the professionals. It happens mostly as they are scared of the outcome. But experts do argue that being afraid is quite reasonable, but this does not mean that women should shun away from visiting the Best Gynaecologists In Mumbai. The specialists on testing the women will be in a position to diagnose and cure numerous conditions if caught during the early stages of its development. Women are encouraged to visit the professionals on a routine basis since it helps them to detect problems in their body much early.
Significance of gynecology
- Many women tend to suffer from urinary infections at least once in their lifetime, which can become a nightmare. Such infections can be detected easily by the gynecologist prior to feeling any type of symptom. The common cause of urinary tract infection to take place is a weak bladder. Several other causes are also found about urinary infection. Modern medicine does allow the person to take full control of the painful symptoms quite easily. Numerous other treatments are also available which are best performed by experienced and qualified professionals. Hence, visiting the gynecologist is an absolute must. Although the condition cannot be termed as life-threatening, it can make the person suffer from discomfort and extreme pain. Besides this, the person may also suffer from embarrassment.
Also Read: Top Six Superfoods Every Healthy Women Need in Their Diet
- These days, gynecologists treat difficult cases related to fertility. Some women are found to strive very hard and do take extreme measures to get pregnant. Previously, couples did not have much choice and had to resort to adoption or remaining childless and depressed. But recent advancements in medical technology has helped the majority of the women to conceive successfully. This is definitely an important aspect that one should consider when visiting the specialist.
- Apart from diagnosing and providing treatment to fertility and urinary tract infection, the gynecologists are in a position to provide a remedy for sexually transmitted diseases. Some STDs can be life-threatening, while others might not, which can be really disturbing. Such issues should not be neglected or avoided and brought to the notice of the specialists.
The above points are valid enough for women of all ages to take proper care of their health and well being as well as to consult the gynecologists every now and then.
Role of the gynecologist
The gynecologist doctor can be termed to be a specialist who lays emphasis on the female reproductive system right from early adulthood to old age. Also, he performs preventative medicine, plans treatment courses, diagnoses conditions or maladies. According to the experts, each and every woman should start visiting the professional as she becomes sexually active or turns 18 years old.
Some tips to schedule the right time to visit the Best Gynecologists In Mumbai
- Empty bladder: Exam should be conducted if the patient has an empty bladder to allow the physician to perform accurate manual exams.
- Mid-menstrual cycle: For the female’s monthly cycle, the right time to visit the practitioner is during the middle stage. It means 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after having a menstrual cycle. Those facing irregular menstrual cycles should visit immediately the doctor’s office. It can provide some flexibility to schedule appointments.
- No douching: Patients are advised to avoid vaginal douching for about a day prior to conducting the exam since douching is regarded to be a questionable practice. The human body is designed towards cleansing naturally by itself. Man-made products will only upset the delicate balance. The physician can offer a better opinion about the same.
- Unusual pain: If unusual pain is felt in the internal reproductive system or genital region and is to be red-flagged immediately.
- Avoid sexual intercourse: Lab results may be disturbed due to sexual intercourse and will display in the exam. Prior to making the appointment, it will be useful to avoid sex for about 24 hours.
The above are just a few of the problems faced by women that should be brought to the notice of the qualified gynecologist.